Get the most out of your membership
✔ Courteous, well-trained and experienced staff
✔ First-class service with a promise to deliver just that
✔ 11 offices worldwide providing local service
✔ Our own assistance company, InterGlobal Assistance
✔ In-patient bills paid direct so you’re never out of pocket
✔ Prompt reimbursement of out-patient claims
✔ MyMembership portal for corporate groups
Emergencies & hospitalisation
If you need to be hospitalised
All of your eligible in-patient and daycare treatment will be paid direct to the medical practitioner, consultant, hospital or clinic by InterGlobal. This means that you will not need to pay for any treatment unless you have a deductible on your plan (an excess or co-insurance).
International Helpline, call free, 24-7
Call us now for a medical emergency or planned in-patient or daycare treatment. Select your location from the list below.
Call free 24-7 from:
Australia on 1800 147 528
China on 400 120 0542
Greece on 00 800 1809 204 3805
Hong Kong on 800 905 391
Japan on 00 531 642 084
Malaysia on 180 080 2157
Philippines on 1800 1641 0003
Singapore on 800 641 1123
South Africa on 0 800 980 821
Thailand on 001 800 647 355
UAE on 800 0640 1957
UK on 0800 0327 921
USA on 1 866 895 7795
If you are calling from a country not shown above:
Call collect or direct on 44 (0) 1252 351200
Making a collect call
To make a collect call you must first contact the telephone operator in the country you are calling from. You must then say that you would like to make a collect call and give the number shown above. The operator should then connect you to the International Helpline at no charge to you. You can also call this number in the normal way. If you call direct, you may be charged the local international rate.
If you are not able to call collect on the above number from the country where you are, we will be happy to call you. Please advise your number with a quick paid call to our number above.
All incoming and outgoing calls to and from the International Helpline will be recorded for monitoring and training purposes.
How to make a claim for planned in-patient or daycare treatment
You must obtain pre-authorisation for planned in-patient or daycare treatment.
How to get pre-authorisation:
- See your medical practitioner in the usual way.
- If your medical practitioner refers you for a specialist consultation for treatment requiring a stay in a hospital or clinic as an in-patient, or for daycare treatment, you must call the International Helpline immediately. The International Helpline is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- When calling the International Helpline please give:
- your member number;
- your medical practitioner’s name; and
- the name and telephone number of the treatment provider
- The International Helpline will then contact your medical practitioner and the hospital or clinic concerned to ensure arrangements are in place for your treatment.
- The International Helpline will get back to you to confirm authorisation and the arrangements that have been put in place for your treatment. Unless a deductible applies to your plan, you will not be required to pay for any treatment as all eligible costs will be met directly with the medical practitioner, consultant, hospital or clinic concerned. You will not need to complete any medical claim forms.
- Receive your treatment at the hospital or clinic.
If you want to contact InterGlobal regarding any aspect of your insurance policy click here.